Knee pain 9 months after injury

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm a 16 year old female I injured my knee 9 months ago playing football in a block challenge. I went to the doctor about the injury and he said I had streched a ligament in my knee . I the got referred physiotherapy and had ultrasound treatment they said I had pulled my lcl. I rested for 3 months no physical activity except walking. I went back to the doctor in October about my knee as I still had pain and couldn't do any physical activity without significant pain on the inside of my knee. He has referred my to orthopaedics but I could be waiting a while to be seen. My knee has pain on the inside back and inner side o my knee especially when running, changing pace and jumping but is painful during any physical exercise, it is sore when walking sometimes as well I also have significant swelling still in my calf caused by the trauma of the injury. Can anyone suggest what could be causing the pain or what to do to reduce the pain whilst I wait for my appointment.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like u have some Tears maybe damage. But I'm not no doc.  What I did till I got my knee replaicment is took Advil or alieve or ibrupution. But when I was home I proped it up and put ice on it. I would get 2 big gallon sandwich bags double them inside one another.  Them take a cup of alcohol an 2 cups water. Seal and shake. Put in frezor 2 hrs. It makes a gel I'ce pack. Last like 2 hrs. Elivate and put it on it.   Relax and I'ce elivate. Xxxxx good luck.  Hope u get good news from orthodo doc.    🙏Angel 
  • Posted

Is it a deep nagging pain under your kneecap and to the side of it,and

does it even hurt when you are resting in bed .you may have damaged

the carteledge between your kneecap and femur which would maybe

Give you bone on bone ,but an xray would show best result .

• Posted

The pain can be there even when I'm not putting any pressure on it at all. The pain even increases if I'm carrying something while I walk at the moment. 
  • Posted

Some ligament and tendon  injuries can take as long as a fracture to heal and be more painful especially as you are aggravating it with exercise. Try light exercises in the gym and use ice immediatly after. For pain, if you can tolerate both, have Ibuprofen 3 times a day and paracetamol 4 times a day So start with Para Ibup  Para Ibup  Para Ibup Para through the day. Dont run or do any impact sport until it is properly healed. That is about as much as you can do until the physio sees you
  • Posted

Hi Caitlin,

Any updates to your healing process? My pain is very similar to your description and I just wondered if you are able to get back to full physical activity.

Best Wishes!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.