Knee pain a year after Keyhole Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i had keyhole surgery over a year ago and felt some satisfaction with the results, but over the last few months i have noticed that the same kinda pain is back.

When it is cold my knee will ache, if i kneel down for more than a few minutes and try to stand up, it will hurt my knee.

Recently the occurring dull pain has started to become more frequent when i am just sat down working or watching TV and it will occasionally click.

On the sides of the knee i can feel little lumps which give off a pain when i put a little pressure on, speaking of which, if i apply little pressure to many parts of the knee both front and back i get slight pain.

I am booked in again to see the doctor tomorrow, but has anyone got any info on what it MAY be?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

What was your original keyhole surgery for

My surgery 10 years ago was to trim meniscus flap which was causing swelling on both sides of knee and pain on one side

I have been pain free with sports until now where I have got some swelling and pain after excersise without warming up stupid I know

There is meniscus cartridge on both sides of knee which is like an extra protection which is most common with sharp activity

Good luck with solving probs

• Posted

Hey, it was just a "clean out" but like mentioned above the pain is back. Been the doctors today and they said just take 400mg ibrobruphen for a month and see how it is, having another op could cause more problems she said but if it's no better then that's the road I have to take.
  • Posted

Hi there,

Firstly I hope your knee has been feeling better since this post. 

My boyfriend also had a 'clean out' key hole surgery about 4 months ago. At first it felt a lot better but now he is experiencing problems similar to yours. I just wondered if you ever found a resoloution, did the month of painkillers help? or did you have to go back in?

I know every case is different but thought I would ask a bit of advice.

Thank you in advcance.

• Posted

Hey kjh09.

For a few days the pain was minimal and after a while i was still getting pain when taking the tablets, i guess prescription painkillers would work but that would only be pushing the problem to the side untill you stop taking them.

I have since been back to my GP and i have now been refered back to the hosptial and my appointment is next week! 

My knee has slowly gotten worse, and i think continuing to play rugby has helped the injury get worse over time. I am back to daily pain and aching and have just recently started to take tablets to help me sleep as i can't rest easy with the burning feeling etc. 

Yout boyfriend needs to get into the doctors and have it checked over!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.