Knee pain almost 1 year after arthroscopy.

Posted , 2 users are following.

So i tore my meniscus in the summer of 2015 and had surgery to repair it June 2015. (I was 16 at the time). fast forward to march 2016, i ended up tearing my meniscus a second time and had another surgery to repair it. i went through all the rehab steps and haven't experienced many problems with my leg except for the general weakness and fatigue if i endure activities for too long. recently, about a week and a half ago, my knee has started hurting towards the side/back (lateral side, where i had my surgery). it's nothing serious, it's definitely not serious pain, but just the fact that it's been hurting after not doing anything strenuous is worrying me. should i see my doctor or should i wait it out and see if it gets better?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Jenna:

How was it repaired? suturing only?

Did your doctor place an implant called Actifit?

Best,

J.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.