Knee Pain For Two Years

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my first post, and I am 16 years old, so please bear with me!!

Around two years ago, I sustained a knee injury when I was playing ringette, an ice sport similar to hockey. I was tripped, and landed directly on my knee, and when I stood up, my knee gave out. After a month of pain, I seen a doctor at a local hospital whose expertise was knee injuries. The doctor yanked my knee every which way, causing a ton of pain, then dismissed me in an disrespectful manner and said, "You're fine. There's nothing wrong with you." However, I know there is damage that was not properly addressed because if there was no injury, I wouldn't be in any pain. 

Fast forward a week, and I did some physiotherapy and continuously did exercises to strengthen my knee, yet I still had pain. But last year and a year after the diagnosing of the injury, I yet again injured my knee. Rarely ever do I cry when I sustain an injury in ringette, but I cried when I injured my knee. Both times. I had no use of my knee for a week before going right back into strenuous activities.  

I have had constant pain in my knee that worsens with physical activity, and I am considered an elite athlete, so quitting sports is not an option. I have fallen down because my knee gives out, and I get the pain deep in my knee, on the inner parts of my knee and all around the front of the knee. 

I want my knee to get better, so please give me some ideas of what my injury could be so I can deal with it immediately, and I don't want my knee to be any worse than it is now.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble a few questions to ask is it your left knee or  right knee.  Then compare the bad knee with the good knee is there any swelling around joint  can you bend knee so that  The heal  of foot  touching your gluteus  which is your back side 
  • Posted

Please, do see your doctor from whom you are entitled to expect professional advice. At your age especially an untreated injury should not be left untreated. Are you in UK?
    • Posted

Sorry, that should have read "undiagnosed"

Please Moderator could we have an edit button? Or have I missed it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.