Knee pain help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having this dull discomfort on the inside knee next to my knee cap for a few months. About 3 weeks ago I turned and felt this pop snap on the inside of my knee. Instant pain and couldn't put a lot of pressure on knee but could still walk. That went away about 2 hours later. I would then for the weeks ahead I would get these weird periods where my knee would feel like it popped a little and the same pressure pain and unstableess who occur for an hour and go away. The other day I felt that pop snap like the first time and the pain got really bad and it literally felt like at anytime my knee would give out. The pain would radiate over and down my patella. And this lasted for a few days and then went away mostly for a couple days. Yesterday morning again the same pop snap happened and it flared up again but this time I now get these painful moments down my patella and I now have this dull swelling feeling on the back inside of knee. When I walk I get this painful dull pressure on the inside knee next to knee cap that feels like its gonna give out in that direction. There's a indent also under knee cap when I do the sag test. The pain is now constant and it's more then just an ache.

I went to an orthopedic and he did all the tests and said nothing felt torn. I can't find and symptoms online where these episodes come and go and each time increase in symptoms. I am scared to walk while having these episodes because It really feels like each step could be my last.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi you usually hear a "pop" noise when you have snapped your ACL - Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Go and see your GP or another Orthapedic doctor for a second opinion, as they are NOT always right. I now this from experience. I am 14 weeks post op ACL reconstruction & some of my meniscus removed. 2 years ago I had the injury & 2 years on have eventually had the operation. Good luck

• Posted

Hi,

Finding a hospital isn’t a task these days as Gurgaon is hub of good hospitals but finding the best out of the bests is quite a task.

For the Best Hospitals in Gurgaon, I'd suggest Polaris Hospital which provides multi-disciplinary diagnosis & treatment from best Orthopedic &   doctor.

For more info on Knee Treatment

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.