Knee pain. Joint pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello ladies. I am having terrible knee pain and joint pain. The worst is in my left knee. Going for therapy next week, that is how bad it is. Pain came on suddenly. Has anyone had this ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Yes ive had tendonitis in both hips for last 2 years, my knees were also hurting. I walk my dog miles so was fed up with being in pain and having to sit down at every opportunity so went to docs who X-rayed my knees and said mild wear and tear but nothing they wouldnt expect from a then 52 year old. I ended up going to pysio and the physiotherapist said theres defo a link between meno and pain and said she thinks I have tendonitis in my hips and thinks its meno as strange in both at same time. I just did exercises at home but still the same, eases the stiffness in mornings though. Most days I feel like an 80 year old not 54 😮

• Posted

Sara, what the hell is this madness upon out bodies ? I am so upset because this is the Christmas season and I have to do a lot of walking around. This knee pain hit me suddenly to the point where i find it difficult to walk. I was crying today because of the constant peri symptoms. One day you are somewhat feeling ok then BAM out of nowhere comes something that stops you dead in your tracks. Its the stiffness, popping of joints and pain that is getting to me. I never had this in the 6 yrs ai have been in peri. I have a physio appointment tomorrow hoping that I can get some answers as to why this is happening to me but I know it is related to peri. I hate all of this to the point where I want to climb a mountain and just scream. I am 48 and i do not know how much more I can deal with. Are you on HRT ?

• Posted

No im not on HRT as my doctors are useless with meno so wouldnt trust them to put me on the right hrt. I just feel atm that im always gonna be in pain 😮 ive gone 5 months atm without a period and its not getting any better. I have read magnesium and a homeopathic remedy Rhus tox is supposed to help.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Sara . Have your joint pain eased up during this time ? I am afraid that mine is going to get much worse. I am going to look into HRT hoping i find one that works. Some women feel good on it and some don't. Such conflicting information out there that keeps us women in the dark as to what steps we should take. It's so frustrating.

• Posted

No it hasnt eased up its got worse especially as not had a period for 5 months 😮 ive felt very snappy and get angry quick to atm. I hate not being able to do things like b4 kicking the football for my dog for example, im so over this meno crap 😭

• Edited

my knee pain continued for 3 years, i went to physio etc nothing got rid of it mostly because it was random. one day in both knees, some days only one knee, only when i went downstairs, or only when i went upstairs . it got worse when my periods completely stopped. along with extreme other meno symptoms i finally went on HRT. 20 months ago my knee pain is finally gone but only just. it has been a really really hard road and i still question if the trade off is worth it because im still not myself. i will be thinking of you all no matter what you decide to do. only someone going through it can understand hugs

• Posted

Corinne thank you for your response. For the past month has been pure hell for me. From having a horrible bladder infection to dizzy spells and now this knee situation . The only relief i find is taking motrin and voltaren. I was recommended tumeric pills and joint pills which I am going to start tomorrow. I am praying that it eases because I cannot take the pain. You had stated that you started HRT. Do you have any regrets ? I am seeing a Dr on Thursday regarding it.

• Edited

so sorry i didnt see this until today. you asked me a great question and some days i regret starting hrt as it did help , slowly take away symptoms but other symptoms stayed. so now i question if i am going through menopause does that make sense ? at least before when i was experiencing all the symptoms i knew what was wrong, but now that i only have a few symptoms i wonder if its something else. i am so confused but scared to talk to my dr in case she takes me off of hrt because it has made things better. but sad to say i still suffer daily and what if im just delaying menopause and as soon as i have to stop taking hrt they will come back in full force im scared.

• Posted

That is what scares me. Some women say that once you start HRT you must stay on for the rest of your life and others say you don't. If I decide to go on it, i am just going to stay on them forever. Suzan Summers says why come off something that makes you feel good. The way you are suppose to feel and I I agree with her. As far as you thinking that you are delaying menopause, I strongly believe that you are not, your just calming the symptoms related to it. There is so much contradicting messages out there that is confusing woman and putting them in a space of confusion. But as for right now I cannot see myself living like this. I am 48 in peri and spend days wondering if this will get worse as time goes on. I feel for us women having to deal with this garbage but grateful that we have each other to ease ones pain. Merry Christmas to you and God Bless.

• Posted

thank you Hope, this message has helped me i feel hopeful that you are right and i can just stay on it 😃

• Posted

I had this a year ago while running. Suddenly, I felt a severe pain in my feet that didn’t make sense. I had an extreme pain in my joints for a year and literally I sometimes couldn't walk. Now, the pain is gone but I still can't run because I have problem in breathing.

• Posted

Hello Donna. So glad to hear that the pain is gone. I am so worried about my knees especially the left one. I was crying because i love to exercise and now I am limited in what I can do. I am going to physio but nothing seems to be working. This is so depressing. Praying that my pain will soon go away. Thank you for your reply. Have a good day

• Posted

i too have severe joint pain in my knees i almost stopped exercising but it has been my saviour some days i have now started to modify movements (which makes me feel old and weak) but it will save u in the long run.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.