Knee pain, MRI ok

Posted , 4 users are following.

I would appreciate any info available put there.

I fell from my road bike some 16 months ago and felt a pop in my knee. I had an MRI which didn't show any serious issues. A plica was noted. I had arthroscopy and resection but this didn't improve my symptoms.

I am experience joint line pain left knee when getting out of the car (drivers side) and also when I deep lunge or squat. I also get woken up with knee ache. The symptoms come and go.

The knee doesn't feel stable but I haven't had ANY locking or giving way.

please help as I am at a loss as to what to do, I am a keen sports person but I can't do much more than conditioning work at the moment.

Thanks for taking the time and reading this. Any advice will be gratefully received.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi

i just joined this site feom what i can see yu wnt get a diagnosis here i have fohnd it eseful to hear from peioles otver exoefiences but be careful it does tend to attract wantvto be exoetts my suvgestiin get advise from a jnee consultant if you are in a oositiin to do this, a consultant that only seals with knees when he has diagnksed symptoms and treated accordingly that is when i would re oost your message that is when it is verg hswfuk goid luck

• Posted

My recommendation would be to go to an orthopedic surgeon perhaps one who specializes in athletic injuries.

• Posted

I agree about the sports orthopedic surgeon. Find the group that handles your local high school, college and/or pro teams. Bring all your tests and reports.

I would have recommended arthroscopy (I had four prior to my left knee replacement...but then I played hockey for 45 years) but you've already gone down that road. That's why it is important to see a sports doc for a sports injury. Don't live with the pain. Find the cause and get it fixed.

Good luck. Let us know what happens...

• Posted

A pop in the knee is a ligament issue. I had broken my femur 2 years ago and they inserted a rod. I had already had bilateral knee replacements back in 2007. Following the surgery for the femur I was to do physical therapy. I had come down our stairs at home and turned and hurd a loud very obvious pop sound in that knee. I went to PT, but coudn't do more then about 20 minutes because my knee felt like it was twisting in place. I went to doctor about it. They said I had too much metal in my leg for them to be able to see any problem. Then the idiots sent me home and that was that. I'm fuming because my knee kept twisting in place and then locking. Man that would hurt! Finally after months of appointments with them trying to get this figured out I said to just give me a new knee. This one was worn out with all the twisting of it. So they said ok. They did and found the ligament was not doing one thing for me. I was torn from connection point. I am so sick of doctors. I know there are good ones out there, but I seem to know more then they do when it comes to cause and effect. You would think a constant twisting and locking of the knee should TELL THEM what the problem is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.