Knee pain not going away :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been resting for 10 days now and the pain is still there. It would usually improve in 10 days, it always has, but not this time. Makes me feel so angry and hopeless. I don’t want to leave the rest of my life in pain and on the sofa. 

I finally get to see my doctor on Friday but I have a feeling they won’t help. I don’t even know what’s wrong with my knees. I just know squatting several times makes them painful for weeks.

If I don’t keep them straight they hurt and I wake up with them feeling stiff.

idk why I’m posting, I’m not looking for an answer just support I guess 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if I missed any other posts but you don't say if you have had knee op or your knees are just sore? 

• Posted

Yeah I made lots of posts in the past if you don’t mind checking my history. That’s why I didn’t go into details because I feel like many people here already know me. I’ve not had op, knees are just sore.
  • Posted

Have you had X-rays or scans to confirm a diagnosis? If not that’s the first stop I’d say ask GP to refer you. 
    • Posted

Had X-ray and blood test 4 months ago when the pain started. It went away and now it’s back. Idk if I should do X-ray again..
    • Posted

Nothing was found. Doctor said I might have sprained my ligaments today and referred me to physiotherapist.
  • Posted

maria all i can add is same boat but luckily pain now eased off but trouble is still very weak in legs its as i have make /think every step and very tiring i have really took  knock this time keep thinking 4 walls/ wheelchair no good     reading about  op not so easy can take time to get wright so that's where i am     physio tomos see what they say but i am not bending knees for no man/woman or god so i suppose its a waste of time but i did i would go

• Posted

Are you suffering from arthritis? Mines get painful when I bend them as well. I still have some dull pain when resting and they feel weak when I’m walking. I just want to be able to work again💔 I feel useless and like a burden to my partner as I’m not making any money. I’m scared to complain tho because it could be / get so much worse. I hope we will both feel better soon..

• Posted

maria yes arthritis IT IS i suppose i am lucky just turned 70 so work not a problem but if i was/or had to work no chance unless miracle /or the dreaded operation i can not see any other way for you  you could put a claim in through pip disability so you could help partner if excepted a bit long winded but you can only try all the best paul

• Posted

I really hope to go back I’m too young to claim disability benefits 😭 As for now I wouldn’t even be able to as doctor doesn’t think it’s arthritis or something that won’t go away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.