Knee pain on bad weather

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all. I'm new here. For the past few months I've been experiencing pain in my knees when its bad weather. I've been doing tennis for the past 18 years. I had many injuries but never on my knees.

How to deal with knee pain? Are there any creams that can ease the pain?

Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi Paul,

Barometric changes make your tissues expand and contract causing you pain.

I experience this every time it rains. I have both knees replaced and I know before I see that it's raining. I usually take Motrin and ice my knee if it's that bad. Sometimes muscle cream can help such as Bengay.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I experience this every time it rains. I have both knees replaced and I know before I see that it's raining. I usually take Motrin and ice my knee if it's that bad. Sometimes muscle cream can help such as Bengay.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Paul,

Good luck!

• Posted

Voltaren Gel (RX in the US, generic diclofenac elsewhere) is the #1 topical anti-inflammatory out there. Rub it in 3X/day, especially at bedtime. That way, you don't have to take NSAIDs or Tylenol. Works really well on all joints for things like bursitis and more. Always check for interactions with your other meds but they are rare.

I've got five pounds of my metal in my hip, knee and spine...I'm a walking weatherman. That's why I moved from New Jersey to Texas...ahhhhhhh...relief!!!

• Edited

Hi Paul, I was using Acuraflex creme. You have to massage it 2 or 3 times a day until the skin is dry. It worked well with my joints and also my mother was using it for sciatica.

Guess that Voltaren would be also great for joint pain but I haven't tried it yet.

Good luck!

• Edited

First of all be very careful not to lift anything heavy for a while.

As for the pain, Acuraflex cream helped me a lot. You just need to rub it a few times a day. Cream is very strong so you'll feel the burning sensation even the second day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.