Knee pain & stiffness hindering progress!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm just wondering if i have nerve damage in my knee after my hip replacement.

my knee is swollen, stiff & feels fuzzy. i feel like I've swapped one problem for another.

Any suggestions of help, advice & solutions gratefully received!

thank you.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

sorry your knee is injured too. that seems to be a huge issue after hip surgery. the reason in most cases is the assistant has to move the hip joint in a open position for the surgeon the remove the damaged joint. movements is done at the ankle area. unfortunately many of the assistances dont seem to realize that movement is hard on knees. more support for the knee should be the protocol for preserving the patients knees. but thats to easy to expect. im be sarcastic there. u would think a better solution could help patents not cause more problems. then of course we are expected to stand and walk and learn various maneuvers before discharged from the hospital. all is done on a sore knee we cant totally feel until the numbness from surgery wears off.

ice the area as often as possible to control swelling. also try OTC pain patch can help with sleep . stay off the knee as often as possible. wear new shoes new arch..and there are some nice knee supports that slip on knee supports that helps control the pain when walking. after 3 hip surgeries its always the knees , back and sleeping on our backs for a few weeks that is miserable and painful. so sorry you experienced this.

sending you good vibes for a good recovery and that you will be walking with no memory of the surgery pain in the near future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.