Knee pain with physio

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm just day six out of surgery. I am following the physio leaflet as best I can but am in agony after the sessions. I'm still on one crutch about the house too. I'm not sure what I expected but it is what it is. When were you mobile and why do I feel like my thigh muscles were replaced with duff ones?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been discharged from physio after just two sessions but I do feel confident in most actions now.

I still have internal swelling and apparently that's because I've only been taking the naproxen for pain and the inflammation needs it continually . . .Ok! I tend to forget pills anyway especially as my life doesn't depend on them. Lesson learned.

I'm itching to get my walking boots on and stretch myself and I reckon that will happen this week. I'm not working yet so can't constitute gym fees.

Life is much better post op and I'm pleased to say that I feel this has been a success for me.

I won't be mentioning the other knee to my Gp though just yet, I need to establish myself in long term employment first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.