Knee pains for the last 5-7 months what could it be?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 14 years old and I have had a pain in my knees for the past couple of months. (5-7) Most of the time my right knee has the worst pains but recently both started hurting. Usually the inner parts of my knees are sore but other parts do hurt to from time to time aswell.mMy doctor told me that they could be growing up pains but bing forgetful like I am i didnt tell her everything. I used to turn the upper part of my body with feet planted on the ground and this was sore on my knees. I dont actually know why i did it hahaha but I think it might be this. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I also play a lot of sport which I think may be making thing worse 
  • Posted

The sports and growing issues are a major factor....my grandson who is 15 has too many pains for his age and he's athletic and still growing.   J
    • Posted

Everyone gets growing pains I had them and I'm 76 yrs old....it's all part of growing and add sports to the mix, you get more pain....maybe slow down some....
  • Posted

I would trust your Dr. You are just the age for growing pains. Your growth spurt is causing your body to put joints in a bind as they are developing at a slower rate and aren't strong enough to support the new weight and strain. You may have to rest the legs a bit and ice after use. It may take a couple of years for proper balance but you will be o.k. I don't know many kids especially boys that don't have the problem. I don't think your unusual habit is going to have a negative effect
    • Posted

hi... my daughter had this problem around your age... her GP  said it was Osgood Schlatters.. sounds serious... but it's an adolescent thing very common... painkillers was all he prescribed and she got over it around  16 years old... nothing to worry about .. Google it... 
  • Posted

I remember when I was about your age the same thing happened to me and doc said it was growing pains.  Im sure there was more to it than that, but the pain did eventually go away. Try doing exercises that will strengthen all the muscles around your knee and that will prob reduce your knee pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.