Knee problem

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has ANYONE suffered this Scenario???

Had a TKR replacement 2.5 years ago. All good!

Had a T/Hip/R 12 weeks ago on other leg( all good)

BUT...... The strain on my Knee leg from hip op( other leg) I've damaged my hamstring have inflammation in tendons, Fluid in the knee joint,IT Band and Bursa.Prosthesis all ok. This has caused me to be housebound for 10 weeks!!!!! Hardly able to walk, huge swelling etc. Last 5 weeks I finally gave in and stopped trying to do anything just rested , ice etc ..... All of which is the opposite needs of my new hip, but can't be helped! It is a bit easier due to this , I've been having ultrasound & was hoping for a cortisone injection in my knee joint, but they won't do it, saying risk of infection to high( which I don't believe)

Yesterday I went out for a little. Walked for about 40 minutes, my symptoms are still there, & feel like it wants to go back to Square 1 at any moment, and my knee swelled right up! Today it's back as it was before yesterday.

My life is just on hold! Can't plan anything, petrified to go back to the last 10 weeks, can't see how I can go forward????? Stairs can only be done once a day not using knee leg!!

My other knee ( hip leg) swollen now from strain

Really depressed and desperate!!!! Any clues???!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi gaby 20 min walk is not a little walk if your knee is bothering you ,slow down ,short and often is better when things flare up .!! .the injection im afraid might not be a good idea so im not suprised that you didnt get it .12 wks post op is a very short time and yes a chance of infection could happen ,they wont take the risk you have to imagine that if they did give it to you and you ended up with an infection you would be writing a completely different post .look at it this way after tkr/hip op when you go to the dentist he gives you antibiotics just incase and that could be 6mths after op its for your safety .i know you are depressed ive been in that place because of complications myself and i know you feel alone and worried when is this going to stop ,it will give it time     

for now ice, rest ,get your meds checked and see if they can upt them for awhile anti inflamatory meds would also help a trip back to the consultant and physio i think would be a good idea good luck keep us posted

• Posted

I'm 12 weeks PO on my Hip not my knee that's 2 and a half years old
    • Posted

sorry i ment to write if your hip is bothering you
  • Posted

Is the knee pain in your operated knee ? They definitely wouldn't want to inject that if the don't  have to. 

I know what it's like having your life n hold just do what you need to do  to recover, if that's doing less then so be it...just look after your needs for now, and only short 5 min walks...but often. 

i had 5 joints replaced in 7 years, it's horrible, hang in there. 

• Posted

Omg 5 !!!! I never want any more!!

Seems like u have one done then the rest of u gets aggravated by gait change then you need another!!!

Yes my knee problem IS on My two and a half year old knee replacement knee!

My hip replacement 12 weeks old is on my other leg!

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.