Knee problem

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi just after some advice really I fell and landed on my knee 10 weeks ago while playing netball. My knee is still locked and I cannot straighten it it is also still swollen I had an MRI 5 weeks ago which showed a sprain on my mcl I have been having physio and she is not happy with my progress as it's still very painful and I have very limited moment and swelling no matter how hard I try to straighten my knee it feels as though something is stopping it and my knee just feels heavy all the time. Does anyone have any ideas or any exercises I should try

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Got my appointment on Thursday I'm so thankful for that I feel like I'm going mad still can't straighten knee or do any physical excerise I'm hoping I get some answers and not just more physio

• Posted

Good to hear Kerry!  I hope they can tell you what's wrong and then put it right.  Keep us updated, won't you.

• Posted

Well back from my appointment with an orthopaedic consultant and finally going to get some answers booked in for an arthroscopy he basically thought the same as me and on further inspection of my mri scan 12 weeks there is some damage to my meniscus which has more than likely got worse since scan at last someone has listened and agreed with me. Thanks everyone on here for your support and encouragement to keep complaining
    • Posted

Thank goodness this has been diagnosed now and I hope that they can sort it out as soon as possible!
    • Posted

Glad you are getting somewhere now Kerry. Isn't it awful though that you have do all this just to try to get anyone to listen. The trouble is reading an MRI is like trying to decipher smoke! Not always is it evident, especially with meniscus tears, what is happening.

All the best

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

So I'm two days post arthroscopy turns out I had a synovial fold which was impinging on my ACL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.