Knee problem

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been having an on and off knee inflammation for three years now. The problem almost disappeared last year when I was put on therapy. two weeks ago the knee started acting up again. I don't have RA as previous tests indicate I might be dealing with a reactive arthritis. i recently did an ESR which turned out higher. I am yet to give this result to the doctor. what does it mean? please help as am in soo much pain and the knee is swollen again.

thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ever so sorry I can't advise, but I wanted to reassure you that people are reading these things. It's so horrible and frustrating not being able to get relief from pain. Good luck.

• Posted

oh dear i had my knee replacement last march and to be honest it was going great i went for a 2 hour walk yesterday and when i got back i was in agony my knee was playing up something awful it was like burning up, i go back to the orthopaedic in april of next year just for a check up, when you say 3 years i am thinking has it worked for me or not? 3 years is a long time to still be having problems, have you been back to your surgeon? if not i would certainly make an appointment. max

• Posted

I have never done any knee surgery. inflammation is always on and off and was completely off this year when I was doing physiotherapy. two weeks ago I started feeling the pain again and this time it's so inflammed that I am managing with anti inflammatory drugs. my point of concern was a test that o currently did which shows a higher ESR (sedimentation rate). Anyone familiar with what could be the cause? am 34years

• Posted

A high ESR is usually a marker to a doctor that there is some infection in the surgical site and there is probably a need to go back in and clean up, debride, repack with drug eluding beads, etc. BUT, if you haven't had any surgery, than infection is highly IMprobable and you are looking at the ESR as a marker for inflammation. But you knew that already. As always, see what the Doc has to say and what further tests he/she may want to run.

• Posted

a got mine done last march to in the jubille the pain is unreal still no where near the shape of a knee xx

• Posted

hi robert its just under my knee thats very painful its feels like a bone sticking out i have my year check up in march xx

• Posted

hi am just about a year since mine got done now its very sore and still not near the shape of a knee x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.