knee problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i am new to this, wondered if anyone could help .. a good 9-10 weeks ago i injured my knee at football training session, me and a team mate both went for the same ball, i come off worst could barely walk, after resting it for about 2-3 weeks i tried going back to training could walk could run jump but soon as i attempt to kick a ball i instantly get a nasty pain in my knee, i have been to the doctor had an MRI scan they say they cant see anything wrong had an refearal for physio but cant seen to get any until 2015 getting really frustrated with it now sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

wow, 2015, thats a bit extreme. i really do not know what to say. get a 2nd opinion, if you know & you will that your knee has something wrong with it, by 2015, you could have done untold damage. go to your doctor & ask him to refer you back to the hospital. do not let them fob you off, pain drives you mad. i am 13 days post op after a total knee replacement & i know, it drives you to distraction. good luck hun. hope you get it sorted. julie
    • Posted

is a bit far away ay rolleyes im going to phone back and tell them that its not good enough, with me working on the railway i cant afford to have a bad knee! i know there definatly something wrong with it as i cant bend right down it gives me a sharp pain yet touching rubbing my knee there is no pain at all, all he said was some good ole physiotheropy to stregthen the ligament so im curently searching the internet for exercises to do that, ive looked at private session for physio too but the money they want is silly! thanks hopefully can get it sorted soon smile
  • Posted

Hi Callum, private Physio would seem to be your only option, maybe one with a sports injury speciality. I had to go privately following knee surgery and found a local one that charges £30 a session, I suppose that depends on where you live, no doubt some will be far more expensive than others. A return visit to your GP wouldn't go amiss either, sorry I can't be of more help, good luck
    • Posted

hi deb smile yeaah im going to go back to the GP & tell him i need a sooner date cant go on waiting that long, will play on it tell him its worst than what it actually is, and if still cant get anytime sooner im going to have to look at private, or even sign upto bupa and see what they can offer, £30 a session isnt bad at all compared to the prices ive seen on the internet as annoying as it is id pay that ..
    • Posted

Hi, me again, might be worth contacting your GP surgery to see if they have a local Physio that they recommend, think that would be cheaper that anything on the net, pain that you have to even thinking about paying but if it speeds things up, all the best
  • Posted

I also injured my knee all of a sudden (running after a silly lorry driver!). I only started physiotherapy after a year- it is taking much longer to improve as she says I had been using my muscles wrongly in that year.
  • Posted

Ice after every excersize activity...no heat.gentle stretch. If you have a pool available, hydro is the way to go. Nothing with high impact. Lots of patience. Here in the states we have product called biofreeze that gives pain relief. Tiger balm is another. Stay low impact, no running, jogging. In our system the Dr would have you in therapy within a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.