Knee problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just joined up after seeing discussions about peoples knee problems.

3 weeks ago ago come this Tuesday i woke up to my left knee swelt up and painful and felt it wanted to go out of joint,i was devastated to say the least! The same happened to my other knee 2 years ago gone last november but this one feels worse.My other one was x rayed and was found to have wear and tear,which is from when i was younger both my knees use to reapeatly dislocate.

Anyhow got appointment with Gp who looked at it etc,she gave me naproxen and take paracetmol and come back in 2-3 weeks if no better. She said my ligaments seem tender and sore.

I havent been outside since this appointment.Trying to go up and down steps and stairs has been a nightmare and there is about six of them to get in and out of my house,let alone the stairs in the house.This as put me off going to get more help,if it wasnt for my husband i dont know what i would do. Im going to try to go to either my Gp or A&E come Monday.

Ijust want to know if this is going to get better, my walking and balance is rubbish. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Annette

How did you get on at the doctors Monday?

What are they going to do for you?

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hi Marilyn thanks for getting intouch.

Got see a really good doctor,Thank goodness!

He said it could be 1 of 3 things, firstly it could be acute arthritis my symptoms are showing this plus i didnt fall or knock my knee, i had repeated dislocations of my knees when i was younger which you can get problems like this when you get older, mind you i am only 43! He said because i have psoriasis there could be a connection.Anyhow i  am arranging a urgent xray for this.

Secondly it could be gout because it can affect your joints but im going to give bloods to rule out this .

Thirdly he said the xray can show up bone cancer, hope and pray its not this.

He did seem to think its acute arthritis because my other knee showed wear and tear when i had a xray a couple of years ago, because that knee did the same thing. He gave me stronger painkillers.

So its a case of getting my xray done and bloods and he reassured me that this will get sorted out.

Iwill let you know how i get on, probably late next week when get the results back. Sorry my disscusion is so long.

Thanks for contacting me again.x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.