Knee replaced

Posted , 4 users are following.

Wed 6/14 had knee replaced, had PT Wed. & Thur.came home Friday and by late afternoon could not stand on knee, went to Dr. offce ad Xrays taking and my Dr. said he see nothing that would couse this. It's Saturday noe and I still can not any weight on knee, has any one else had this problem? I'm supposed to start PT this Wed.

Thanks

Joe

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well Jo, firstly it has only been 2 weeks. You should have advice from your physio as to what to do and weight bearing etc. It's difficult to prescribe when you cannot see your whole body/posture etc. Knee surgery is a big operation and you should listen to all the exercises and resting patterns as this is very important for recovery. Once your 6 weeks is up and you are given the all clear to drive Etc. But meanwhile in between exercises rest with knee up for support and use a cool bag to keep any swelling down. Remember you have a new knee but your old body posture that has compensated over the years has to get in alignment with your new knee. I deal with injuries and rehabs after ops and have great success but I have also seen those that didn't do the exercises given on a daily basis and it definitely shows up. Advice Take it slowly and be mindful of over compensating and putting the rest of your body out of alignment ( keep a good posture using correct muscle usage)

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me.first of all it's only 5 days, two years ago I had my left knee replaced,after 3 days in the hospitle my wife and I went stright to the diner and then home. This thing has me  stumped

• Posted

Hi Joe, You have worried me!   I have been dreading my new knee replacement due end July and look forward to hearing your progress.   I am most worried about the pain directly after coming out of the anaesthetic - how was it, and did the pain medicine work?   Your progress must have been pretty good, or they would not have let you home.

regards  Janet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.