Knee replacement 3 weeks in

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys, sorry i havent posted lately but the last 2 weeks have been a rollercoaster of pain and emotions and i just couldnt put anything into perspective. However, i have been on this site every day and the advice, support and encouragement you all give each other kept me going.

Its 3 weeks since my op today and finally i feel like i have turned a corner. i had my staples removed yesterday albeit 5 days later than it should have been, it was painful but its such a relief that their out and i feel so much better. I was really worried about my bend and whether i was doing enough exercises and it was really getting me down thinking i wasnt doing enough but i had my first physio appointment yesterday and they were really pleased with my progress. My bend is 110 which i couldnt believe i thought it was so much less than that. He was really happy with everything else and gave me a few more exercises to do to build up my quads and i see him next week. The best advice he gave me was what a few of you on here told me to do as well which was it is important to do the exercises but not to the point where you are pushing yourself too much and your in agony, let your body tell you when its had enough. This is great advice because recovering from a knee replacement is massive and we have to give ourselves time and not expect for us to be back to normal in a few weeks. Im 3 weeks in now and it is just now starting to get easier. Im sleeping through most of the night now and the pain is getting easier but im still on strong meds which i want to start to reduce soon and whilst i still have a hell of a long way to go i finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

So for those of you who are about to have or have just had a knee replacement and are feeling like the pain will never go away believe me it does get easier and keep using this forum it will give you so much support and encouragement when you need it most. It did for me

Take care

2 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Brilliant News, look like you will be one of the luckier ones, I did not seem very well to after 10 weeks.

Good healing

• Posted

Sorry seem should have been sleep
    • Posted

Hi clive, even at 10 weeks you have done amazing some people take months. I still have a long way to go all im doing at the moment is resting, icing, elevating and exercising but things are getting easier. If i can feel well by 10 weeks i will be happy.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Lisa

It sounds like you are doing really well. Very well done on reaching 110! The point I was trying to make yesterday was that we all think we are not bending as much as we should, those of us that measure are not experts & I think tend to read the measurement under what it really is! As you thought you weren't to 110.

You will get there.

Keep up the good work

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Ive said the same, i dont know what i would have done without this forum to check in on, im 6 weeks post op, doing great after 11 years of pain, sounds like your getting there aswell, very well done, and i also thank everyone for there comments xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.