Knee replacement

Posted , 11 users are following.

i am four weeks post knee replacement and still have a lot of pain. I enjoy I take A Tylenol or a Tramadol, Iget nauseated and sometimes vomit. Does anyone have that problem? Is there something I could take along with the pain meds so I would not get Nauseated?  Right now now, I take a tsp, of pep to bismol and a few tsp of pudding with my ends, but it does not always help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Petunia,  I had to eat something with my meds too.  Yougart worked well for me.  Ask your doc, I know they can give you something and may even change the meds.  There are many types of pain meds available.

pam

• Posted

My surgeon gave me zofran fir nausea. It works for me. See if ur dr will write u a prescreption for it.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm the same with pain meds. Take them after or with food and ask for anti sickness meds. My Dr gave me some and they were antihistamine, they done the trick. Good luck with your recovery.
  • Posted

Hi Petunia!

Tramadol gave me all the symptoms of the flu EXCEPT a fever! I had a REALLY bad reaction to it!

I got off all narcotics after two weeks because they made me feel very LOOPY and slowed my entire system down to the point of feeling VERY unlike myself.

After I was done with my blood thinner shots at two weeks post op, I started on Ibuprofen. Worked better than anything else with no side effects.

Crackers, Coca-Cola, Gingerale, and toast and tea are my GO-TO antidotes for nausea. I also find that just RESTING and drinking plenty of ice water will help. I think our bodies just need us to REST THEM!

I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Petunia,

All of the pain meds make me nauseous, so I asked my doctor to call me in a Rx for Zofran 4mg before I take my meds and I have no more nausea.

Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Hi Petunia,

The meds made me sick too.  My doctor said to take Dramamine.  Worked for me!!

Good luck.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

There r anti nausea meds available. Always take with food!!!!! U must line the stomach, even if it's just crackers or pretzels. I lived on pretzels for weeks, as I didn't have much of an appetite. In addition I had some healthy foods, whatever I could handle, as body needs the nutrition to heal.
  • Posted

SHould never take meds on empty stomach. If you are still vomited (which will diluted the painkilling effect) then go back to the doctors, he will either prescribe something more agreeable to you or give you something that soothes the stomach lining. Unless you inform your doctor of any issues, side effects, they are never going to be able to help you. They dont know if a drug is disagreeable to you unless you tell them.  There are so many options out there, just because it agrees with one person does not mean it will agree with you
  • Posted

Hi, I felt sick too but always ate something and that helped, even as others said crackers. I lived on toast oranges and grapes for

first few weeks and loads water. Make sure have a cracker in

bedroom too iftaking meds during night. I found that was when i felt sickest, hope u feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.