Knee replacement

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hi, I'm waiting for a knee replaceent, will I be able to use my upstairs toilet?  I don't have one downstairs.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes you can go upstairs after TKR. If you are in the uk, they will make sure you walk upstairs before you are discharged. Esp if you have stated to them you have stairs at home.

If it's anything like at our hospital you, when you get notification of your op date, you will have the pre op proper, blood test forms (2 for the national blood transfusion service) & a physio morning in the hospital. At the physio morning they give a talk on the op, show a prosthesis & a q&a session then go through for 1on1 chats to see what equipment you need for your home. Things like blocks to put under chairs, high seats for the loo or arms for the loo etc, which is ordered & delivered in the week.

Does your hospital have a Rapid Recovery Programme for TKR?

I hope you hear soon

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Hi

My stairs are steep at home , when I first got home I went up and down the stairs on my bum

Good healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.