Knee replacement

Posted , 22 users are following.

july will be a year that I had my knee replacement and it is so bad. My knee is swollen it looks like i have two different legs. I'm in pain all the time. I haven't seen my doctor sense February because he said give it a year. i cant wait to give him a years worth of all my pain. Is there any good doctors anymore. I know this is not right.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel your pain....literally. 18 months for me. Pain and swells to twice its normal size everyday without fail. Legs are mismatched. Trying to find another doctor that will give an honest opinion.

• Posted

Im at 7 months and not happy with the results. i was better off before the surgery. Im wearing a patella brace to try to centre the knee cap and am not steady on my feet. Since my surgery i have learned that 20% of TKRs are not successful...thats one in 5.

I cant extend the leg. My knee is twice the size of other knee. Wish i could turn back time.

• Posted

i have the same problem i got the surgery a year and a half ago.i still have pain and swelling all the time

• Posted

I'm 21months now and right knee not good, I stupidly went and had my left knee done 12th june and the pain is intense wish I hadn't had it done I cant sleep at nights as cant get comfortable my ankle foot etc just cant get into a good position I'm sleeping down stairs on the sofa ,I have hospital today so will ask for some help, must admit cant remember going hospital this quick with other knee

s

• Posted

pack your knee in ice throughout the day!!!! ice, ice, and more ice. are you doing your exercises? have you called your physical therapist? in the meanwhile, ice the hell out of your knee until swelling goes down and pain reduces!! keep your chin up. good luck.

• Posted

I have had both knees replaced and iced around the clock for a month after each No swelling at all

• Posted

No its not right , I had very little swelling and no pain after about 8 weeks, I spoke to my surgeon about all the problems mentioned here and he said that there were a lot of poor surgeons operating , he particularly mention uk and usa . Hope you get it sorted but I think something is wrong . Good luck

• Posted

mine's 3 years and its destroyed my life. wish with all my heart and soul i had never had it done. x

• Posted

Thats awful for you , had both done 7 years apart by different surgeons and both good. Wonder if its the surgeons or that it just doesnt always work

• Posted

thankyou.

had a triple bone scan last month.

getting the results next week. missed last weeks appointment because of a mix up.

Theyre wondering if theres an underlying infection. hard to spot on a piece of tin!!!

• Posted

where are you people from that are having all this trouble with your tkr ops

im from england in the uk and i can honestly say my op went very well with a brilliant surgeon

i know ive been on here before talking about pain but it has nothing to do with the op its self

i feel so sorry for you all who are suffering

• Posted

I'm also from the UK had both my ops in RUH Bath and I had the top surgeon but I think depends on the person not the surgeon as mine are not right but I was told 20% it could fail I'm just unlucky to be in that 20% 🤒

• Posted

Are you in the UK or US? If in the UK go see your doctor (GP). Explain your concerns etc. Firstly, she/ he should be able to help with pain relief. Secondly they can get you a referral to see someone before next February if necessary.

• Posted

I'm in the USA and had a partial on the right knee 8 years ago and still doung good. had a partial 2 years ago on left knee and 1 year later had a full because the cement was broke now having all kinds of problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.