Knee replacement

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had my knee replacement 3 years ago then broke my same leg above knee now the pain in my knee is killing me imageimage dose not look right at all

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

go see your doctor tomorrow you cant continue with this pain!! Sorry i cant give any more advice, good luck i hope it gets sorted immediately!

• Posted

never give up even though the Nhs try and push stuff under the carpet, that is what is happening to me. i have 30 degrees range of movementt after knee replacement and its not good enough, the huddersfield knee surgeon, chakrabarty is a butcher!!!!!

• Posted

i have a good bend just sore my surgeon was good am in scotland its only since i broke the leg above my knee

• Edited

The same thing happened to me! I had a double knee replacement 12 years ago. 2 years ago I fell and broke my femur. From there all hell broke loose. Make sure your ligaments are attached. Mine wasn't and it took a year to convince the doctors that my knee kept twisting in place and locking. Finally I told them to give me a new knee. They did and found the inside ligament to my knee wasn't even attached. You have to insist from the doctor that something is done. Make them do tests on it. They probably put a rod in your broken bone? My upper leg had broken right across the bone just above my knee. I still have pain there today and it's been 3 years now. Sorry to say. My exercise isn't there anymore cause of that pain and I'm afraid of doing something else to the leg. I have lost muscle mass from this not moving stuff. So be careful. Really insist they find the answer because you ARE losing muscle mass if you're sitting most of the time.

• Posted

yes my knee is very sore husband said a scream during the night when a move in bed thanks for reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.