Knee replacement chico

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey its been 2 years know. my knee feels heavy ,stiff with a little pain I have been ,icing ,, elevation and pain. pills . i do live in Detroit where weather is cold,wet,snow sunny, all over the place the saying is here close your eye and the weather will change in Detroit

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had my hip replaced in New Jersey in the winter of 2009...HORRIBLE!!! Cold weather is the bane of joint replacement recipients. By the spring of 2010 (June), my wife and I moved to Texas, out in the country 20 minutes west of Fort Worth. Sooooo much less pain, especially now with 4 1/2 pounds of metal in me.

If the warmer spring and summer weather gives you relief, your body is yelling at you: It might be time to consider a move...for your own health's sake. The older you get, the more the cold will hurt. Great job market nationwide. Should be easy to settle on 2-3 possible destinations, apply for some jobs and make a move. People do it every day!!!

Sage and I moved 1,600 miles. Packed truck, towed one car, she drove the other. Easy pace at 400 miles a day...best move ever. Cheap cost of living, no state income tax, incredibly low unemployment and zero snow and ice. Wait...it did snow an inch about 10 years ago.

Life's an adventure. Go live it and eliminate the pain.

• Posted

I think by two years you wouldnt need to ice or take pain meds . I am just over a year and havent taken pain meds for my knee since about 3 months post op. Also my knee doesnt feel heavy . I think we all get over this op differently , my knee is fine but some days I can feel it . If you are concerned go back to surgeon , good luck

• Posted

Thanks Chico and everyone i do believe its the weather hoping for warmer weather soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.