Knee replacement hemsteings

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all tkr 2018 had teouble with pain across my knee october last year at long last found out its the hem sreings ligaments getting physio from sep tbis year helping me a lot physio did say it can heal sometime but it my not seen my consultant on 3dec and back to see him again 2mths time can they sodr it does anyone know. Been on sick leave from june morphine for pain might lose .y job will find out next week

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had issues with the hamstrings as well and did stretches regularly at home. I Googled stretches and they have made a huge difference for me. Are you doing exercises at home, or just when you go to physio? I would suggest doing them at home a few times a day so that the ligaments are stretched and don't shrink back between physio visits. Check with your physiotherapist about that.

• Posted

Hi deigh yes doing them at hom 2/3times a day. Yes ive seen improvement and physuon is pleased with me as well. Just hoping it really does help and it gets sorted. Thank u.x

• Posted

Another thing that I found helped as well was passed on to me by a naturopath. She told me to use castor oil. I rub it on my legs, around my knees, calves and thighs. I found that the thigh muscles were tight and were pulling the hamstrings. I put the castor oil on, wrap my legs with plastic wrap, and use heat from a heating pad. This helps to relieve the muscle ache and reduce inflammation. It took about a week to feel relief, but it has made a huge difference. Castor oil is very inexpensive and has many healing properties that you can google to find out more.

• Posted

Deigh thank you will try this just want to get it sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.