Knee replacement in 2 weeks time

Posted , 12 users are following.

I’m 52 and facing knee replacement in 2 weeks time , I do a heavy manual job and have been off work now for several weeks with arthritis , whilst off work I’ve been in less pain and now as the op is nearing I’m feeling very nervous and wondering whether I should ask for injections and postpone the op a while longer . 

‘I have a BMI of 36 and am wondering if it’s best to try and lose weight and have the operation later in the year or if I’m just being scared as I’ve never spent a night in hospital  before .

ive looked on this site and there seem to be a lot of people in pain or still suffering , my preop is on Tuesday and I really don’t know what to do for the best . 

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, there. How are you doing? You prob. prepping for you knee surgery. Hang in there!!! Your family and friends will be best cheerleaders!! This site is Awesome esp. when going thru recovery : )

Just curious, are you from Coventry, Rhode Island?

I am working on stair steps now at PT and i must have the strongest left knee & quad muscles in this state...lol

Good Luck with your surgery! I will say a prayer for you... ; )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.