Knee Replacement Knocking

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello All,

I know that this comes up from time to time but I'll bring it up again anyway. 😃 It's been just over 11 weeks since a TKR of my left knee and I'm having some knee knocking issues. My concerns are that the knee wasn't knocking until about 7 weeks and is starting to get increasingly worse (louder and more persistent) . It pretty much always knocks when walking and has kind of a hanging up feel to it....like I have to push through the knocks (usually two knocks). There is some pain but it's fairly minimal.Is this anything that I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance,

Kel

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

what do you mean it knock you hear a sound

• Posted

Hello baybay,

Yes, I hear it and feel it. It affects my stride in that I have to push through like something is locking up. It's not real tight but seems to be getting a little worse again this morning, a little tighter and a little more pain. I am walking more than ever and going up and down some stairs so maybe the increase in activity is causing it? My wife had both of her knees replaced and didn't experience anything quite like this. She had, and still has on occasion, some locking and knocking but nothing to this degree.

Thanks,

Kel

• Posted

i had both replaced 6 months ago. i notice mine knock if i overdo it. not sure if its swelling or what. should probably speak to your doc

• Posted

Hello Moosn8r,

I see my doc in a couple of weeks and will ask her. It could be caused by an increase in activity but I thought I'd swing it by my fellow TKRers and get your opinions.

Thanks for the reply,

Kelvin

• Posted

Very common. It will come and go with any sounds virtually gone by 12 months and should be completely gone by 18 months. No problem...virtually everyone experiences this.

• Posted

Hello CHICO,

Thanks for the reply. I'm just being paranoid here I'm pretty sure. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.