Knee revision

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am scheduled for a knee revision next week i had a tkr last year and a manipulation 6 weeks after i am in pain all the time but my foot on that leg gets tingly and numb all the time is this normal and can anyone give me their results from a revision that they have had

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi obviously you are not in the UK as elective surgery has not yet been commenced, if you have spoken to your consultant and they feel they will be doing the best to help your problem be resolved then it will probably be the only option for you anyway.

Did you ask them if their was an alternative to more surgery?

Have you been offered physio

• Posted

i did therapy for 6 months after the first 2 surgeries plus water therapy my knee is froze up and cannot hardly bend i think do to more scar tissue ( i keloid scar inside and the first rplacent being to large )

• Posted

There was a programme on BBC You and Yours today about elective surgery and there were some heart distressing cases of people suffering in silence, particularly the cancer patients.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.