Knee's injured after run

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello folks

I'm looking some help.

I have been trying to get more mobile so been walking a lot more and decided to give couch to 5k a try.

On the 4th day while jogging along I was getting sharp pain in both knees. I tried to push on but couldn't so I stopped and walked instead. A week later I have bad pain in both knees. When I walk. When I take stairs. When I sit down. When I stand up. The left knee is the worst. It feels unstable and there is a sharp pain roughly at the inside of the knee when I move. I have been following RICE treatment and it hasn't shifted. An initial google made me think that it was runners knee but as it's still on going a week later I'm wondering if it's something else. Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you had knee replacement surgery? Most of the people on here are post surgery, or going to have surgery. However....if you haven't had surgery....I would be seen by a doc. Have an X-ray or MRI to see what the problem is. Especially if nothing is helping.  You said you went from the couch to running. Could be it was just too much at once.  Walk before running.  My advice is see your doc. Good luck. Hope it just needs rest. 

• Posted

Ah right I thought it was just for knee problems in general. Thanks for your comment smile 
    • Posted

No worries....there just may be some on here with their own knees 😉

Other people may have better suggestions than I offered.  

Take care..

• Posted

It is a group for knee problems  in general Chris, you are correct.
    • Posted

My apologies to Chris. I've only been on here a couple of weeks. Most I've seen are those that have had surgery. Sorry for any misunderstanding. 😕

• Posted

Hey Chris, if you haven't brought this up with your GP, that's a good place to start..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.