Knee supports - any advice/recommendations?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I had an arthroscopy in June to remove torn medial cartilage. My knee is still very weak & unstable due to some other complications that followed and I wondered if anyone has used any knee supports during their recovery? There seems to be so many to choose from, some that look more ‘hinged’ than others. I want to get back to the gym but even walking on uneven ground makes me nervous. I borrowed one knee support from a friend and my knee definitely felt better & more stable with it on, but is it bad to rely on a support? Should it be something I wear occasionally rather than all the time. Not seeing my physio for another few weeks (doing my exercises at home) so thought I’d ask on here for advice  rather than wait.  Thanks for any help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had a proper arthroscopy procedure at beautypoland and I wasn't using knee support at all. I had crutches from the beginning. After a month I started my exercises that I had been doing for 6 months. That was all I did.  

• Posted

Thank you for your message, yeah sadly I had a few complications post-op which has meant my knee hasn’t recovered as it should, so will need some help with a support until it gets stronger. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.