knee surgery 4 months ago im still having problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had knee surgery on 6/19/15 and im still having problems, pain,stiffness, stabbing pain where i had the two cut plus swelling still.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you been back to see your surgeon recently?

My surgery on my left knee was a week after yours. I had swelling which went down around eight weeks. I also had stabbing pain which I was told came from the tourniquet they used in surgery. That finally stopped about nine weeks after surgery.

Stiffness seems to be common. I certainly still have it 18 weeks post op with my left knee ESPECIALLY when I sit for awhile in the car, at the movies, or at a restaurant.

I would be concerned about the stabbing pain the most. Maybe something needs adjusted.

I would suggest seeing your surgeon and being prepared to explain exactly how your leg feels.

Wishing you answers that will help you feel better very soon!

• Posted

I get all of that at 10weeks but not the stabbing pain . It is a real worry is it and very depressing . Do you get anything like your knee letting you down mine still feels so weak even with lots of physio . I will be interested to see what your consultant says . I understand what your going through . Are you back at work ?
    • Posted

Thanks for your feedback i really appreciate it. No im not back to work.
  • Posted

Hi Deon,

I'm at 11 wks post tkr on Monday, and I experience all you mentioned except for the stabbing pain. The swelling has reduced quite a bit, but still there.

• Posted

Did you job have a tkr or scope? I had. To have my prosthesis removed in early March due to staph and reinvested about a week after your surgery. I am having many of the same problems. This is the 5th Complete rehab in 11 yrs and 4 of those since Jan 2013. Every time it seems like it's a different set of problems. I have found the basics are still the only solution unless there is something like infection or damage to the bone. Are you still excercising, icing, elevating on a regular basis? Do you have any unusual heat in the leg or puffiness that feels like fluid build up. If so, you probably sould check in with the surgeon. This afternoon I used the blower/muncher to clean up some leaves. After an hour the leg started swelling and The pain came on very rapidly. I finally had to quit and get the on it as well as hit the pain meds. I'll have to rest it and elevate the rest of the day as well as use my cane. I am expecting it to take a year to get past this problem. Aggravating but not totally unusual.
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your feedback, I do experience the usual heat and puffiness. I had surgery on my cartilage.
  • Posted

What surgery did you have was it Total Knee Replacement?

I had TKR 3 and a half years ago and it was about a year before I really began to feel the benefits.

Did they give you a recovery peirod time at all?

Are you going to physiotherapy?

Hope this settles down.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.