knee treatments

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 9 months post stem cell treatment and 4 weeks post PRP shot for torn meniscus (not verified by mri)

stem cells helped left knee, right knee diagnosed with torn meniscus, there fore PRP

going back to oath today, less pain, still hear it crack a little when bending, and need to tell him knees get stiff after sitting a while, I've been told my extreme bowed knees will make pain last a little longer, hope it goes well

All this to prevent TKR

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi mceastside

I an pleased to hear your stem cell treatment went well. I am hoping for stem cell on my left knee which still has some cartilage left. Had partial knee on right  knee on 20th June for bone on bone. Have to say it has helped with bow leg, just makes the left more pronounced.

the whole thing was far worse than I was told or imagined. I can walk with my new knee but still climbing stairs is a nightmare. And I thought I was reasonably fit beforehand. Hoping to avoid PKR or TKR on other leg.

I think your stiff knees is maybe due to a bit of arthritis, I have to move every hour or so to help with stiffness. Glad you have less pain. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks,

can't say fro certain that  it worked out for right knee, with torn meniscus, but stiffness is a problem, i'll try to keep moving, difficult when you are retired, but I try to work out, probably not often enough

• Posted

I too am retired from work, but I make it almost a rule to try and keep moving, whether it be household chores or shopping or gardening. If I need a rest day then I sit for an hour at a time then walk around finding things to do. There's always some cleaning or cooking to do😊. It is difficult to keep motivated especially if you are tired. It's a viscous circle as the knee pain keeps you awake at night too.

Good luck with it all, you don't need to run a marathon just keep gently walking.

• Posted

Going to ortho in 23rd to set up for PRP injection of small radial tear on lateral side. I keep trying to ignore it but radial scar think more symptomatic than longitudinal.

Glad it’s helping u!! I think u said you used an u loader brace? How long?

I will have to work on mine but hoping to have atleast 3 days to stay off it. 

About how much is the injection? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.