Knee trouble

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had arthroscopic surgery 12 weeks ago. At first, all seemed well then two weeks ago on my daily recovery walk, something went wrong and I've been in pain ever since. My surgeon says let nature take its course but the pain is rally debilitating. Any one got any good news about arthroscopy recovery. I'm 66, by the way.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I really hate to hear this, as I have just started walking to increase strength and stamina. I am 9 weeks out. What do you think happened??? Are you finished with therapy? Seems odd they kinda blew you off?? Hope it gets better!! I am 65
    • Posted

I was walking briskly and suddenly felt great pain in the knee joint. Stupidly, I carried on for another mile or so and made it worse.  Surgeon examined the knee and said come back in a month. He said to carry on doing recovery gym work which I am doing. In limbo till I go back in 3 weeks as stilll very sore. Hope your is ok.
  • Posted

Had mine done in 2014 and everything was OK till I went back to work after 4 weeks.

My job involves standing up all shift and the knee didn't get any better.

I can still hill walk and cycle have good days and bad.

Was the op a success?? No

• Posted

Thanks for responding, Larry. Surgeon said op went well. Was fine for a few weeks; seemed to be getting better, then something "went" in the knee on the walk. Surgeon a bit sceptical. Very sore today after recovery gym work. Hoping it will improve.

cheers

ken

• Posted

Hi Ken

I'd actually started running on mine before I went back to work.

Oddly the people I'd spoken to before the Op, all had positive things to say, but and it's a big but they'd been youngish when they'd had their ops.

Good luck with yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.