Knee won't bent after 2.5 months tkr, I need HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

On 9/14/15 i had tkr on my right knee, i had physical therapy, & reach 85% rom knee bent, on 11/2/15 doctor had done a manipulation, good rom able to bent 100% with pain around my upper leg, muscle pain, soreness & tightness. after that unable to bent my knee, 3 weeks, pt said i have to stretch the hamstring, went to see doctor, he said they will try a brace, to help bent the knee, first knee must be able to bent, any body been through this before, if so what should i do, can't take no more

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi jnrob can i ask you did you have the manipulation under anestetic ?? i was like you on one of my knees and i had only 70% and when pushed beond bearable pain i got 80-95% so i know how hard it can be i did have MUA it worked for a short time and stiffened up again ,but in saying that many people have had great results from MUA  also ive never heard of a brace to help with the bend it was never offered to me .i would have tried anything to help please let us know how it goes
    • Posted

Yes I was under for MUA, as of now my knee is stiff or lock, wouldn't bent pass 50%, 58 y/o right knee swelling, mild pain with discomfort. Hamstring & thigh muscle, knotted up
    • Posted

oh im so sory its awfull when the leg is not bending no one seems to know why it wont bend  . mine was the same and im afraid i had to get it done again i hope that is not the case with you .i was in alot of pain and so 20 mths later i had a revision
    • Posted

What do you mean that you had to get it done again? How long did you have to wait and did it work, is your knee bending now?
    • Posted

i had a bi lateral tkr (both knees at the same time) during the op surgeon broke my shin bone putting in one of them ,as a result i could only toe touch for 6wks no full weight on that leg i couldnt bend it as it was soo painfull ,anyway the short version when i had to put full weight on it i still couldnt bend it ,i had a futher op because cement broke off around the knee  so its been hell  here in ireland they make you wait over a year because you have to wait for the bones to heal after the tkr .its bending better 95% it would be better if it was more but i can sit down without holding on or having the leg out in front of me  .i didnt go with the same surgeon either as i had no confidence in him

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.