Kneecap replacement issues

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello to all, I'm about to my wits end with this knee cap replacement! I had my surgery in April of this year. I can't do nothing without being in pain. The more I move around the more I hurt and the more my knee swells and doesn't want to cooperate. The more I sit still the stiffer my knee gets. It is still waking me up all hours of the night and I just can't deal with it no more. I'm tired of being told there's nothing more that can be done. Im tired of being in pain. It snaps, pops, grinds, feels like it's getting caught on something, gives out on me. What is wrong with this picture? Surely this isn't the way it's gonna be? I'm just fed up! Now the Dr wants to send me to get injections. I'm tired of those too. I get them in my back and my sacral joints. Has anyone had so many issues with these implants before?

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you just had a knee cap or tkr

I had a tkr and now need a nes kneecap only had my op in may 16

• Posted

Hi Figaro, it was just the knee cap replacement. He used the arthrex implant. He states I'm too young for the knee replacement but the way I feel everyday, who cares? I'm going January 10the to see my pain Dr. I think he might be able to help or at least point me in the right direction.

• Posted

Poor you.Im a newbie had a TKR on 24 Dec and this site has been really informative for me so hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi Tina

This sounds really bad surely the surgeon who did the operation could advise you on what's gone wrong was you told the op was successful you need to demand some answers i hope you recover soon good luck.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Have you tried a different doctor? Perhaps a second opinion is in order. Just a thought. It seems like you should be doing better by now. Good luck.

• Posted

Renee, I have to wait one year out from my surgery date to get a second opinion.
  • Posted

I agree with others. See someone else. There should be a solution.
  • Posted

My last total knee i had issues like that too, you might want to try injections. Please try to keep your head up i know it is hard. Maybe get 2nd openion, Good Luck to you and praying for you.
  • Posted

hi tina, i had a right tkr in march 2016.  i still have pain and stiffness, i feel the same as you.  am going to a chiropractor right now due to neck and shoulder pain and lower back pain.  went to see my surgeon a week ago and he suggested we start off by looking at my lower back fusion with a mri ?? i guess got to start some where.  i have pain in the knee, through the back of my upper thigh and inner thigh. i dont know what that has to do with the knee.  its hard to get anywhere, however i keep pushing through, as should you, keep trying new ideas.  after this mri (which is taking forever to get) if i get no answers, im going for a 2nd opinion, i hope that helps.   best of health to you and stay strong, kathy p
    • Posted

Mkhp, My first surgeon did the same to me. Said my knee was like that because my back issues. He never checked into my knee again. I went and had them injections anyway. My back wasn't hurting at that time it was my knee. I didn't get better so I did seek out for a additional opinion. The emergency room had advised that to be quite honest. So I did. When my second Dr did a scope on it, low and behold my knee cap was gone! What they think is it looks alright on xray so it's alright! Not everything is visible to the eye! I know something is wrong with it. They should consider how the patient feels and not stay focused on a xray.

• Posted

It's been a week n a half, first request for Mri denied due to doctors office putting in the wrong request, tried to fix that, second request put in, leaving messages but hear nothing. Will keep calling, I'm very frustrated!!?,?.!! Aaaahhhhhh

• Posted

so you are about eight months...that is long enough that I would expect you to have some swelling after a long day and some discomfort. I would also expect you to wake up with it in pretty goid shape.

I would consult with a different surgeon...

• Posted

Ihavenonickname, I'm not very stable in the mornings. Knee is extremely stiff and my balance isn't very good. Spilling coffee all over the place. It's never better at any given time. If I sit it gets stiff and painful and if I'm up moving around it swells, stiff, has a heavy feeling to where it doesn't want to lift so it will catch on things. It is a nuisance.

• Posted

Tina,

You need a second opinion or a new physician...whatever you want to call it. 8 months, waking up stiff...not good.

I agree, he would never come near my other knee.

A few decades ago I had thumb surgery...the pain made me nauseous, I paced, I cried...and the surgeon brushed me off. A few years layer a diffetent surgeon was working on my hands and saw the nerve the previous surgeon HAD SEVERED...

• Posted

Unfortunately, I don't know if you seen my follow up discussion? I was walking down my stairs and knee gave out on me. My knees buckled and I braced myself. My daughter caught me. I heard something snap in my shoulder. I waited til last night to get it looked at. Hoping maybe I pulled a muscle and my x-ray showed I didn't break nothing. Thank God However my rotar cuff is torn. My x-ray had drastically changed and showed a lot of arthritis, calcium and immflamation. He said there was quite a bit of abnormalities. So now got to follow up with orthopedics again. This is just beyond ridiculous! I'm following up with knee Dr about my shoulder. The Er doctor said this man needs to do something about these issues with your knees. The pain has been awful since they buckled. I didn't mention that because I was worried about my shoulder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.