KNEES ACHING

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there - not sure if this peri/meno related, but i woke up with the worst pain in both my knees??? i have done no new exercise or anything to warrant this kind of issue - ok, this is really getting old all these "ailments" & "symptoms" Today my knees ache like i am 90 years old! So over it!!!!

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debra, yes my knees hurt for no reason too...a day or 2 before my period. I wake up and it us like somebody kicked them. They snap and crack when I walk. Also, joint pains in my hands. My obgyn did say that joint pain is peri/meno ailment. I feel very old before my time too. I am petrified of osteoperosis...very small framed and going through this on the earlier side at 41...already have arthritis in my neck and disc issues in my back.

• Posted

Yes, my knees are sometimes agony. Then I have a few better days but the knee aches always come back. I have to limp out of bed. It's horrible! I'm only 47 and around 9-10 months without a period so almost officially menopausal.

• Posted

hi lou & sabrina - thanks for responding - i have had various aches & pains during this process, but this achiness isnt being relieved by 2 advil, 2 fish oil, & magnesium - now pain is radiating up to my hip with a lovely burning sensation on the tops of my feet & calves - if someone would have told me about what hormones can do to your body, i would have laughed - this is nuts! i am over it already!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.