knot in butt, burning, retrograde ejaculation 4 months, 12 days after cystoscopy and RUG

Posted , 3 users are following.

So i did a cystoscopy and a retrograde urethrogram(RUG) on 6/27/2018.

i've been having alot of issues, like retrograde ejaculation.

i've been having really bad pains in my lower butt when sitting down. I'll sit down for 15 minutes and only my right butt cheek will burn like crazy. I have this constant knot in my lower right butt cheek. Im really worried because the pain can get so bad that i'll be wincing while im driving. I'm afraid something went wrong during the surgery like the urologist pushing to much on the prostate causing nerve damage. My urine is extremely cloudy, im having retrograde ejaculation. I'm not shooting like i used too, my ejaculate volume has decreased so much. My penis has pretty much gone completely numb. right now i feel a knot in my right butt cheek that never goes away and it doesn't even feel that close to my prostate so i'm really confused. My urologist said that even if i had some scar tissue in the bladder neck from the cystoscopy it shouldn't cause retrograde ejaculation. I can tell that i have ejaculate in my urine because after i ejaculate, then urinate i can get a tissue and graze it across the urine and i can see the cloudy ejaculate clump together and follow the tissue.

has anyone had cystoscopy or a retrograde urethrogram cause nerve damage?

I feel like the prostate was injured during the exam or moved to put pressure on a artery feeding blood to my nerves. My butt cheek is killing me, this constant knot in my butt never goes away, and it's driving me f*****g crazy.

My prostate does also feel swollen after masturbation, but the urologist who did the surgery said that, the surgery couldn't cause the issues im having, but my issues appeared right after the cystoscopy and the retrograde urethrogram. i don't know what to do, i'm terrified this will be permanent. So far it has been about 4 months 12 days since my surgery. The reason i even had the surgery was because he thought i had a stricture which came back negative. i went to another urologist and he said he thinks it could be an acute bacterial prostatitis so he prescribed me bactrim. i went through a course of that and now im on doxycycline. the urologist who did the surgery said it's been so long since the surgeries and said it cant be an infection. i have a visit with him on the 19 of this month. im terrified, HELP!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Cystoscopy and a retrograde urethrogram really isn't surgery. Did you have any severe pain during these procedures? Has the Uro tested you for infection? I'm not a doctor, but sounds like some sort of infection. Get a complete workup on this.

Not sure why you would need retrograde urethrogram as Cystoscopy can easily detect a urethral stricture. Retrograde urethrogram is only done AFTER a stricture is detected via Cystoscopy. You sure your Uro is competent here?

• Posted

the cystoscopy was to test for a stricture and retrograde urethrogram was to test for spongio fibrosis due to a sexual injury. I had burning while urinating, which is he wanted to do the test.

• Posted

The "sexual injury" may be the cause of your issues. If you want, would be much more helpful to know specifics, but more importantly, telling your Doctor EVERYTHING about any such injury is highly important.

May I offer this >>> Stop masturbating indefinitely. stop all sexual activity. You might find that helpful. Just a suggestion 😃

• Posted

Buddy. Don't know what to say. You said that your ejaculation is less then it was so you have partial retro. The cloudy urine is the left over ejaculation.

It does say you may have some pain but it said nothing about the knot in the back or butt. This procedure should not cause anything like you are having. Something was done wrong. If you can run back everything that happen that day and during the procedure to see if something was out of the ordinary.

I think this is the only way your going to find out what went wrong. Get you paper work from the hospital to see what is going on there. It should have been done right after but do it now.

Good luck and I am so sorry..................................Ken

• Posted

i definitely recall my right butt cheek feeling weird as i came back that day, and about 2 weeks later i urinated to weird white film stuff, but my other urologist said that was normal.

• Posted

do you think it could possibly be nerve damage? from the test?

• Posted

he also told me after the test that everything went smoothly....

• Posted

To add, I'm not a doctor but I do a ton of research as my job is to evaluate developmental biotech companies. Suggest to your doctor to take a closer look at your vas deferens. That may, MAY be the root cause/injury Google vas deferens and take a look at pictures and illustrations.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vas_deferens Take note of the illustrations here and you can see how this can cause pain in your buttocks. GL, and hope you feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.