Koran-prep... horrible stuff.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey. So I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow morning and am supposed to drink 4!! Litres of Klean-prep. I started at 6pm and and have managed about 1.5 litres so far. It's now 8:45pm and I should be starting the third sachet in 15 mins but I am really struggling to get down the last half of the second sachet.

Does anyone have any advice, or experiences with this stuff? I've vomited a few times and gag each time I have a mouthful.., I've tried sipping it in little bits but as soon as I swallow I'm hit with the taste which then makes me gag. I've tried taking a big gulp but spewed it back into my mouth, managed to force myself to swallow it back down but nearly spewed it back up again.

I feel really bloated and sick, the smell and taste of it is awful and I've chainsmoked like 10 fags to try to mask the taste... I just wanna scrape my tastebuds off.

I really don't think I can do this, I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. I haven't even pooped yet just feel really sick.

Help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My phone autocorrected the title, sorry.
  • Posted

Hi I really feel for you, I had to take Moviprep which initially wasn't too bad...but then like you started to retch- I put ice in mine and drank through a straw....but this only worked for some of it...by the end I had a glass to go and just could not drink it. 

I had loose bowel movements after about 2 hrs.....my bowel was clean even though I didn't drink it all.  I did get the shivers with it too.  This for me was the worst part.....the colonoscopy I managed with no sedation and was fine.

Hope it goes ok .

• Posted

I live in the USA and we have to drink the same amount. I know others seems to manage it, but like you I struggled. It took me 18 hours to drink 75% of it. The nurse at the hospital finally let me stop drinking it when I drank 75%.

Thankfully, it did clean me out... cuz if we don't drink enuf to clean ourselves out, you end up having to go thru it again.

Good luck Griffin!! ... somehow you gotta will yourself thru it. I know others have spoken of things to help reduce the yucky taste... hopefully they'll post something that will help you be able to drink it.

• Posted

I had mine with lime cordial added.  I measured all the glasses I needed and refrigerated them and drank with a straw the last ones were hard I must admit and then everything went just like the Dumb and Dumber scene in the toilet.  I never want to take that stuff again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.