Korsakoff's syndrome

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with korsakoff's syndrome in September 2011 at the age of 41. I am now 48 and being a women am now in my menopause. My temperror of late is awful and I live with my parents and brother. Everything lately seems to make my temper flare although I have never lashed out at anyone I am sure it will happen soon. I wish I had someone to talk to about this or if there were any organisations that could give me any helpful advise. Thanks !!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I to unfortunately I have hit the bottle again so it's back o had kos coff but stopping drinking reverses it

• Posted

Korsakoff's can kill you if it is left untreated or you do indeed start abusing alcohol again ! Stopping and starting does actually do more damage and that's when no treatment will help you either. Unfortunately you have a huge choice to make and fingers crossed you seriously start thinking about your future WITHOUT drinking I would say I found that decision difficult but it was the easiest decision to make ! I prefer life as bored as I do get sometimes. I am now a grandmother and every day I tell myself was it worth it ! No it wasn't and although I am living with Dimentia and other health issues due to drinking my life is really really good and I don't ever think about the bottle anymore ! That initial crossroads is difficult but don't give up it can be done !! Trust yourself !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.