Kratom

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Has anyone got and experience with kratom .. I've read about it and it's a bit vague with legalmside of things but what I want to find out is has anyone bought anyone used it and been succesful with reducing there opioid intake.. I'm reading that it's a wonder drug it's a natural plant it totally makes you put down the opiods . But is there any dangers of becomin dependent on it. If so would you just be swapping one for another and be in the same position in time plus ing you have to purchase it which is somethink else i need to know about .. is it legal can you get it . Are these sites that sell it genuine . ????? Lots of info needed about this and would really appreciate if anyone could share there knowledge..

I'm on a high dose of oxycontin/oxycondone and at my wits end with this evil nasty drug .. it controls me 24/7 with no expert help out there for people in the same position as it's not a street illegal drug ..

Any advice would be grateful

Peace out guys stay safe

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not very familiar but it is from a natural evergreen in the coffee family native to southeast Asia.

It binds to opioid receptors, hence its ability to help with withdrawal. However, it itself IS addictive and can lead to similar withdrawal symptoms (muscle aches and tremors, irritability, depression, insomnia....) 

Although it does appear to be legal in most countries (other than Thailand, Myanmar and Malaysia, where it actually grows (oh and Indiana)—not sure what happens if you have a bush in your backyard), and it may just give you another addiction. It could depend on the dose, but at the same time I would be weary of buying any drugs on-line or becoming addicted to something else when trying to become 'clean'. 

Here is an interesting article on the science and legalities: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/should-kratom-be-legal[/b]/

I hope it helps. 

Ibogaine is another interesting natural drug (from the bark of an African tree), that apparently puts you on a long trip after which you don't want or need opioids again. There is a centre in Mexico (http://ibogaineinstitute.com[/b]) that treats people safely with it, but it may be expensive. I find it interesting just the same. 

Good luck and stay smart : )

• Posted

Hello danny 66849,

My daughter was hooked on opioids for 7 years after major auto accident.

She heard about clean kratom and within a couple weeks was able to be off opiods forever! She is back in college now and will get her degree next semester.She did not get addicted to kratom.It is called clean kratom on facebook. Cheers lad and god bless!

• Posted

Thanks for reply

I'm really struggling at minute

And need to do somethink rapid to change this cycle

Feel like am killing myself slowly just with the lifestyle alone ..

It's ridiculous really a can't believe I've ended up here.

Cheers for advice I'll look into it x

• Posted

Hi there. 

I am on day 62 clean off everything (heroin and weed).

This was my experience with Kratom:

The withdrawal from my DOC was pretty intense. The mental part, however, was the worst thing i have ever been through. I used Kratom on days that i knew i had to get stuff done and needed the energy/boost. The most i took in a day was 10g. I took the capsules and i used 2g at a time to get energy. I increased the dosage to get more of a relaxed feeling. You need to see what works for you so start off at a smaller dose and wait an hour to 90 minutes. No joke. You think you don’t feel anything then all of a sudden you feel better. It’s better to wait than to take more. You don’t want to increase your tolerance either. I took Kratom mostly because i couldn’t handle the lethargy and lack of motivation from opiate withdrawal. It definitely helped but when it wore off, it was almost worse. 

IT CAN BECOME PHYSICALLY ADDICTING!! Try not to take it more than two or three days in a row. I took it four days in a row and had withdrawal from it. Nothing compared to my DOC but it still was uncomfortable. You must be careful.

This is all from my personal experience. Everyone is different but please be careful. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.