Kudzo

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone had any success or experience with using the herbal remedy kudzo ? To help with alcohol addiction

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm taking kudzu. Been on it about 2wks now. I really find it helps. No cravings for me 😄

• Posted

Hi, I ordered some of this today, just wondered if you could tell me a bit about how it’s helped you pls? Thank you
    • Posted

Hi Sam

I bought kudzu after reading the reviews on Amazon.

All I can really tell you is that it stops the cravings for alcohol.

I take it morning and night.

It's worth a go in my opinion

• Posted

Hi there

Could you tell me where you buy it from and how much it costs please? 

Many thanks 😊

• Posted

Ive ordered it off amazon cost £20.00 but not sure if it is the right strength will see how it goes let you know

• Posted

Hi Rachel

I bought mine from Amazon as well

Find it really good

Let me know how you get on with it x

• Posted

Could you tell me what strength you bought please Philippa, and how many you take? 

Thanks

Rachel

• Posted

I've just started on Kudzo, purchased via EbayUK - Planetary Herbals Full Spectrum Kudzu - 750mg x120tabs

Calcium - 85 mg

Kudzu Root - 1 g

Kudzu Root Extract Standardized to 40% Isoflavones 400 mg

Kudzu Flower - 100 mg

Arrived in 24 hours and so far so good. I took 2 after breakfast yesterday morning and as I left work yesterday afternoon. I had previously bought a 4 pack of Guinness and the wife had a bottle of Red in the cupboard.

Didn't touch a drop last night, I was busy but didn't feel the need to. What I have noticed is a better nights sleep and amazingly no night sweats which I have been getting quite badly while trying to taper off.

Time will tell I suppose, but its difficult to use my example as have convinced myself to lay off the bottle a night of red wine and have been listening to an audio book which is frankly quite shocking on what alcohol does to the body & mind, plus the odd Georgia Foster hypnotherapy guide each evening. Could be all of these things or just one but I will continue with the Kudzu for 2 months and see where we are, it only cost 3 bottles of wine so nothing lost really..

Hope it helps in some way and good luck,,

• Posted

Think I may checkout the Kudzu on EBay! Which audiobook is it that you’re listening to? Sounds interesting and wouldn’t mind having a look if there’s a kindle / iBooks format!

Many thanks

Rachel

• Posted

Hi Rachel, there is a Kindle version on Amazon, I've not tried that as I use Audible but guessing its the same content. Its called Alcohol Explained by William Porter.

I find it quite hard hitting but it certainly explains things a bit, not always nice to hear and at some points I wanted to skip a chapter as I didn't want to hear what he was about to say but stuck with it smile

G

• Posted

That’s brilliant, thankyou. I’ll have a look for it! 
  • Posted

Hi bikerjools49, after constant drinking from 17 to 70 yrs of age, all my GP's would give me were blood tests yearly for all functions associated with alcohol. AA, Counselling, more AA, more counsellors who were just ticking boxes.

My whole life has been a car crash, most of which consisted of blackouts. However, I read this article with special interest in the "herbal" route, as I have totally given up on the doctors. I researched the possible benefits (as with everything previously), and decided to order Kudzu. I have the 1000mg version, and from the day it arrived, I have been taking 1 tablet per day, at about 11am (as I am a lunchtime/Afternoon drinker and blackout evening person). From day one, 7 days ago, I have not wanted or needed, or even thought about a drink. I have never been so relaxed, nothing bothers me now (even at this moment with my husband sitting in front of me with his third Gin & tonic)!! All I can say to all you lovely people who are trying to continually fight the monkey on your shoulder is, if I have been fighting my battle for 52 years,and it looks as if I have found the end of my rainbow thanks to Kudzu, then keep looking, trying, fighting and you WILL get there. I know it's early days, but it feels right this time.

With love, luck, success and peace to everyone on this wondrful website.

• Posted

So nice to hear that someone else is finding it helps.

I'm day 17 and really don't think about drinking.

Early days like you but fingers crossed this continues.

So sorry you didn't find much help from doctors

• Posted

Thanks Phillips, it was you who got me researching, and also like you I don't have cravings for drink or chocolate as a replacement. So, thank you so much 💕

• Posted

Hi, for the first time in 3 years I went to bed ( and slept OK) because I started using Kudzu!! I took 2 yesterday after food and oh my gosh no interest in my regular bottle plus of red wine!! I don’t know how or why but it’s helped me, I’m so happy and refreshed this morning for the first time in as long as I can remember.  Give it a go!!
    • Posted

Hi Sam

Great news that it is working for you as well.

I've been taking it for 5wks now and no cravings at all

Just wish I'd heard about it sooner but btr late than nvr x

• Posted

My first proper day yesterday, didn't go great but hopefully it will be better today, I have other difficult issues but will keep trying

• Posted

Oh me too Phillipa, early days for me but your 5 weeks gives me hope.  I just never thought I’d break the horrid cycle I was in... fingers x’d x
    • Posted

Drink doesn't help you cope with things. It just masks problems but they are still there in the morning.

You just hv to take 1 day at a time.

Just tell yourself your not drinking today.

I know it's hard but it does get easier

I know I want a drink if im hungry, tired, lonely and bored.

It's being aware of your triggers

Hope that helps

• Posted

I appreciate and know I'm struggling with anorexia depression anxiety and borderline personality disorder drink isn't the answer but feel so bad suicidal thoughts just anything to escape this horrible life

• Posted

So sorry to hear that.

Have you been to see your gp?

I'm sure they could help.

Also Google help groups in your area

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.