l d n low dose naltrexone

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone in the uk been put on this medication for fibro , since a lady from portugal mentioned it iv been looking into it.

sounds hopeful and the fact that the med can be prescribed safley to pregnant women .

lends me to think of trying it  as so many drugs used for fibro have a list of side effects as long as your arm and this only has one noted one of the lack of ability to sleep and restlessness for a week or two.

.only thing its not liscened for fibro but i believe can be prescribed of label

anyone been prescribed it in the uk and how have you found it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

I enquired about this to the LDN people and got sent an e-mail with an attachement to take to my GP, if you want to PM me with your e-mail im happy to forward on the details. It seems to be small studies, claims to treat most things and has very little side effects, seems a bit to good to be true which makes me suspicious HOWEVER I have read a few reviews from people with fibro and MS and alot seem to say it helps, other websites however have slammed the idea it can help anything but opiod addiction which is what it is actually approved to treat.

• Posted

yes i know what it is supposed to treat . but drugs can treat more than one thing , as i am sure you know. 

yes i would love the info would i be able to print it of from this site . 

if not. would you send it to my email . which i would pm you .

thanks for you help.

• Posted

Heard that it is very very addictive,...be careful..I'm not in the UK  but, I've seen documentary about it.....have a lovely day tiswas..be blessed..:-) xxxx
    • Posted

most drugs are that they prescribe for fibro and with alot worse side effects to . like i keep saying the fact that it can be prescribed to pregnant women without harm to the baby ,

i find encouraging .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.