L-Theanine?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone taken L-Theanine to handle their Meniere's? It is an amino acid found in green tea and now sold as a supplement. Supposedly it also helps with anxiety, clearing up the mind, etc...

I heard through the grapevine that someone has had good success by taking it (I believe) 200mg twice daily.

Would love to hear if anyone has tried it. Seems like there are not a lot of bad side effects so the worst case scenario might be that it make "expensive pee".

If anyone ends up trying it for a few weeks, let us all know! (If you do, make sure to ask a doctor first or do your own web research to make sure there are not bad effects. It's sold over-the-counter so I can't imagine it is a major issue but who knows.).

As for everyone who is having problems today - hang in there! People on this list are thinking of you!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi C30172

I have MeniereĀ“s and do drink green tea but I have never heard of this supplment.

I was prescribed some new medication called deflazacort and have read up on the side effects. I am not looking forward to taking it.

Will be looking into L-Theanine.

Thanks

ana

• Posted

please be careful when reading up in side effects. there are different categories of how common they are and most of the time even the most common arent even experienced by 1 in 100.

Obviously be aware but dont focus on it or psychosymatic effects can appear.

i hope these meds work for you and you find relief

sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.