L4/5 issues - possible fusion surgery - any experiences to share?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. long story short, 3 years ago i was fit and healthy training for half marathons with the hope of a full marathon in the near future. i went to Gp with suspected appendicitis, got told i had a prolapsed disc so went to physio. during assessment my back went into spasm and I've been in constant pain ever since. i have had diagnostic injections, 2 lumbar decompression surgeries and still no relief. My previous consultant was very hard to understand and didn't explain anything, just jumped to surgery. second opinion and i have had xrays, mri, diagnostic nerve block and nerve conduction test. I am assuming he will propose fusion surgery too. I turn 40 next month and i feel like my world has been turned upside down with the constant pain and medication including morphine (lost a stone in weight).

Has anyone had any experience like this to give me any hope or advice about fusion dos and don'ts. Thank you and sorry for the babbling.

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a decompression and a fusion c 1 c 2 done in August and had complication i am now almost 4 months out and I have severe headaches and have lost my appetite I've lost about 40 lbs just do your research

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.