L4 L5 and other stuff

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok so ill start off by saying i was stabbed in the lower back pretty damn close to the spine about 7-8 years ago. Now i dont know and nor did the docs at the hospital at the time  how deep the knife went. They left me in a hospital bed after cleaning the area as i was lay on my stomach while they did this for about 2 hours i guess to stop the bleeding. The whole time i was in the hospital i didnt recieve Xray or anything else in terms of scan. They left the wound open i guess to let any infection draw out the wound. Day after i woke up and wanted to go to the toilet so nurse took me off the drip i was on for dehydration and i got off very slowly and painfully. I noticed my body wanted to walk sideways and not forward which was pretty weird. Couple weeks went by i healed up felt pain free. Anyways over the next few years my back started getting painful and i was doing a job that involved alot of heavy lifting and twisting and swinging a sledge hammer about (Demolition) and it started taking its tole on my lower back. So i went to my GP and his gave he said take ibruprofen you will be fine. I went away and few months later i went back as it was getting worse and making it hard for me to do my job and this made me angry at work and at home. I went GP a second time he sent me for MRI and turns out a disc bulge was occuring L4 L5. Sent me to physio it never worked. Temporary relief at best until i stopped the session then pain was back. My job itself was hard enough on my back even if i didnt have a problem so basically it never really got any rest. Now currently on Naproxen which i may add works really well for me except i still have a deep ache constantly no matter what medication i use thats always there. Does anyone know what the deep ache could be ? and is it more than likely the stab wound that caused my disc problem with the muscles being so tense? When my back gets bad it stiffens up so tight and the pain is very very bad so now i limit myself. standing to long hurts. sitting to long hurts. alcohol which i dont touch anymore causes severe pain in my back also. I know i have to wait for MRI results to see what is going on here but trying to get some background to my problem see if anyone has simular stuff. Recently also my left leg feels weird but cant figure out what that weird is maybe weakness! i also had a restless leg for a couple days last week especially at night. Sudden urge to move or sit and bounce my leg so the feeling would go away. i had numbness in my left leg also the left side of the shin and in the left side of my foot on the top. Naproxen seems to have calmed the numbness but that weird leg feeling is still there. GP also wants me to see a neuroligist although that appointment hasnt arrived so i dont know whats going on there. Alot of pain meds ive tried were temporary and then started making me feel energy less. naproxen has worked the best so far im a week in on the stuff. Sorry if this was a pain to read as i rushed it.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok went to see the neuro surgeon i wasnt impressed when i left tbh. Showed me both MRI's together side by side on the computer screen you can clearly see a change. What i could see myself was my L4-L5 disc is completely dark (dehydrated) shorter than the rest and i could also see my L4 is slipping over my L5.The bulge part of disc i could clearly see it was half way across the spinal canal but yet he said this wont be affecting me. ( I BEG TO DIFFER)  The other discs look great and healthy and white. Now i told him all my problems and his kept interrupting me with a sarcastic smile on his face basically not letting me explain my symptoms FULLY. I was annoyed at this point.He tested my reflexes in my knees, Tested sensation down both shins and that was it. He is refering me to a pain clinic which i have never been to one before and ordering some nerve tests. He said i have large back muscles and when they spasm it induces your pain more so than someone with no so much back muscle. Again do they not realise i was STABBED in the back and maybe scar tissure is present?? He never once mentioned my stab wound. Also asked if i can have a different type of pain killer as cocodamol make me feel bad most of the time and hardly work anymore and he basically said see your GP.Again with a sarcastic smile n attitude. Im hoping these guys at the pain clinic can finally set me right and refer me back to a different neuro surgeon. I can tell you guys now looking at the Recent MRI that is not going to heal. Im so angry. any tips would be appreciated. <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.