L4-l5 forward slip of vertebrae - in horrific pain....

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey has anybody else had this.  I have "bulging" discs between the 2 vertebrae and go through periods of bearable pain and then periods of such intense pain I feel like jumping off a bridge - but would not as I am scared of dying... seriously though, I have tried TENS machine am on Gabapentin, Tramadol and have tried other drugss, am waiting for a spinal fusion but need to get off weight which is difficult as moving about is horrendous sometimes I can hardly stand for more than a few minutes and it is almost like someone has put a wooden block between the back of my waist and buttocks and is so very sore.  any advice on how to help myself (other than to lose weight for the op!!) would be much appreciated.  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi There Jude

All I can say is try and lose some weight  ( I have the same problem )

will be less strain on your back

I'm on ther weight watcher diet  up and down but I keep trying.

Happy Holiday and hoping for a Painless 2017 for you

• Posted

Ps I mean the weight problem not the back problem
    • Posted

Have you tried back injections, physical therapy, my doctor prescribed. Indocin avoid surgery if at all possible. May GOD help you through this difficult time I've been there.

• Posted

Hi Michael thanks so much.  I did have an epidural which helped for about 10 days in June this year then went back to naff...  I do not want surgery to be honest so will have to see.  I did lose 6 stone between 1st Sep 14 and 31 March 15 on slimming world and have joked to docs that is when all my issues started in April 15... thanks for the advice and stay in touch.
    • Posted

Thanks Paul I do appreciate your help.  did lose 6 stone between 1 Sep 14 and 31 March 15 on slimming world and my issues started in Apr 15!  joked with docs I was healthy when I was fat, but seriously am at my wits end and want rid.  PS are you in uk?  J and happy holidays to you and yours. 
  • Posted

Do not let them make you wait because of your weight! This is an excuse ! Your pain is probably keeping your weight where it's at now. I weigh 7 stone and am In agony with my slipped disks! Demand that they see you now. If someone needs an emergency op they get it without being told hang on just lose weight. I'm sorry to say that losing weight may not cure your pain - I know by experience. You deserve to be pain free now xxx

• Posted

Hi Gabriella thanks so much for your comment and I quite agree if I was rushed in after a car accident they would HAVE to do surgery if necessary and I do feel it is an excuse at times I have to say.  I lost 6 stone on slimming world between 1 Sept 14 and 31 Marchh 15 and my issues started in April 15!! makes you wonder, I did joke to docs that when I was fat I was healthy as I had to have other minor ops last year... thanks for your advice and Happy Christmas. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.