L4 L5 prolapsed pain going up back

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

My wife has been diagnosed with L4 L5 prolapsed disc and has had 2 steroid injections which haven't worked she is awaiting surgery and has the nerve pain down her leg but the pain is now going up her back is this another disc going any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes we can get referred pain disc s in the l region normally contribute to problems from under yr ribs down wards the T area is the area ur lungs are in and the C area can affect yr neck arms and sometimes the chest depending on the discs my back issues or c4/c5 and lumber l/4 l/5 and s/1 I get a lot headache s too. Speak to ur consultant and just ask that wh n they operate if they think other discs need. Worked on will they do once in .
  • Posted

Hi dutchboy, as Jessica 78456 said it could well be 'reffered'pain's, I've never known back pain going UP in in a patient with a prolapsed disc, the pain usually goes down, so if it's your lower back the pain goes down your leg, left or right, if you have a prolapsed disc high up in your back or in your neck then the pain goes down your left or right arm. The lower down your pain in arms or legs the more it needs attention asap. Hope your wife is seen to quickly. Dave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.