L4-s1 buldging disk pressing nerves

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

On Thursday I had a laminectomy, microectomy with some bone spur removal L4-S1. I barely have any pain on that inscision. The proublem I have on my left side from the buldging disk I had pinching my nerve. When I tried to cut back on the medicine si M taking feels like my left leg feels 30 lbs heavier and hurts. Has anyone had the same experience?

Right side a little burning.

I am taking Oxycodone 15 mg and Valium .

zofram and Benadryl since I do not do well with 

The inscision is healing nicely but the burning pain almost untolreble. No fever no chil

Thank you   

Ans

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ah it's so soon after surgery you need to give yourself time to heal, don't get to worried right now but try and relax take it easy and keep comftable, nerve pain can take a long time to heal (up to 2 years to recover) hopefully it won't take that long as that is quiet extreme however possible. 

Gabapentin is good for nerve pain so maybe talk to your doc and see if he can give you something short term to help you through the worst of it.

Sounds like your doing ok tho considering it's very early days, take care and hope you have a speedy recovery but a word of advice once your all better don't get complacent and over do it 😊

• Posted

Also try using ice packs but check with your doc first and ask about b12 as this is good for nerve repair 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.