L5/S1 discectomy recovery April 28 2016 what to expect

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have bulged herinated degenerative disc in l5/s1 and degeneration in l5/l4 and facet joint arthritis in same areas.

My pain history started around 2009. I tried everything. Pain used to be cycles triggered by some wrong move or extra effort. What seemed to work best was chiropractic till 2015. Nothing seemed to work. I did cortisone shot for my disc it took 70% of pain, then I found that remaining pain is from Arthritis so i went for RFA which helped with back pain and my pain management dr said now it is your time to make your core strong so when pain nerve grow back your core will ease that pain. I started phy therapy and there i found i am in dead end. Once i stretch my disc pinch on the nerve and if i dont stretch my arthritis will get worse. So I ended up going for disctomey surgery wven that my leg wasnt so bad yet. I just wanted to uncouple both problems so i can try to ease my pain for long term solution and maybe dont end up with fusion

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I was wondering how your feeling? any details on how long it took to feel better? I have the appt in July with Neuro, sometimes I can deal, hurts daily and sometimes its just bad if I am more stressed. wondering if its worth it, I have L5 L4 bulging. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.