L5-S1 prolapse

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi after pain and severe sciatica since December I had a severe episode last week wher collapsed at Gp and couldn't get through the door. They called an ambulance I had an MRI which showed prolapsed L5-S1 after 3 days admission I wa discharged with cocktail pain killers! Whilst admitted I explained that suffered urine retention only reason would go for wee was when realised I hadn't been for most of the day. But at time no invontinence since coming home I have noticed that being incontinent small amounts nitnlike that feeling when get your period but can't stop it! Is this normal? 

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

no incontinance of any amount is a sign that something is gong very wrong...... I had to have spinal fusion in 2000 at L 5 S 1 ....... now they have disc replacement!!!  this is wonderful as patients that get disc replacement are back to work within months..... do not have pain..... and do not go through the domino theory with their spine like I am..... do not see a GP when you need an orthopedist and a neurologist........  I will follow your discussion for updates of a better nature.......

til then I set prayers and hugs upon the wind......  Erela

• Posted

Which drugs have you been given. I had that problem after lumbar fusion 12 weeks ago along with constipation. I was taking Acupan, morphine, paracetamol and gabapentine . I was told by the doctor that Acupan was the problem and that I had to stop it. Since then the problem has improved.  
  • Posted

Hi,

Would you believe I have similar problems .Where do you live? Maybe we should unite as I am getting bullying .Yet it is me dying of cardiac arrest & heart failure as not getting a Fair Hearing from Governors & Cauldicott Guardians  I am not put in contact with .If you look on this site it points out the red flags [danger] mine has gone into spasticity spasms & had to pay for an expensive MRI self funded after over 20 A&E & GP requests  left me abandonned.as  have told bee off for costing too much  saying not going to test  , research or refer when  could prove the underlying disability  found in my 20s - 71 now abnormal EEG  neurogenic bladder , one ureter too many causing spinal spasticity spasms relieved sometimes when antibiotics targeted..My spinal spasticity spasms  was found  to be connected to utis & sepsis & heart failure they ignored after targeting me into retirement  .I then did a BA & MA with special assistance at the age of 50 .Then dyspraxia was found to further hoodwink - discriminate.12 years ago I had the cardiac revived with an angioplasty  yet angina stable & unstable ignored to this day When spoke to the Dr on Thursday about my flow [ which is a Red Flag if prolapse & cord compression ].He told me off for not being able to provide enough in the sample bottle he gave without a receptacle x2 when surely further infection risk to others.

Could  the problems be  be Microvascular as equipment not of same standard as operational  or is it Watchful Waiting then get the online records whether we have consented or not as Doctors now no longer take the Hippocratic oath .I wonder why? Something is very very wrong when our safety is being put at risk by the Inspectorate ?& the Treasury ?!Why haven't I been assisted with a Personal Health Budget  if costing to much due to their wasteful unreasonable management .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.